[mythtv-users] upgrading to 30 via PPA

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Tue Jan 22 02:20:05 UTC 2019

On Mon, 21 Jan 2019 20:11:36 -0500, you wrote:

>It's been a while since I upgraded from the command line.
>
>When I *sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mythbuntu/0.30*, do I need to remove
>the previous .29 from my source list?

Yes, you do need to remove the 0.29 PPA.  Just comment it out with a #
at the start of the line until you know you will not need it again.
Then add the new PPA and run:

sudo apt update
sudo apt dist-upgrade

And I think the repository name will be 30, not 0.30.  With v29, the
numbering of MythTV changed, but the PPA did not catch that until too
late.  But they should have it right for v30.  So you should check and
find the correct name.