[mythtv-users] Recording failure.

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 22:13:35 UTC 2019

On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 1:38 PM Jay Harbeston (ISeePeople) <
jharbestonus at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 17, 2019, at 4:09 PM, Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Now twice I have had a recording failure where every recording after that
> time fails.  The first time I thought the HDHR Power Supply might be bad so
> I replaced it. This time I had failures on HDHR1 and HDHR3 so I think that
> rules out a single point of failure involving the HDHR.  The other symptom
> was that the IR remote did not work.
>
> One thing in common is that both of these are initialized in rc.local.
>

> *echo -n 15  > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold*
> *hdhomerun_config 10137DC1 set /ir/target "192.168.1.111:5000
> <http://192.168.1.111:5000/> no_clear"*
> *#this is a hack.  I don't know what is starting lircd*
> *killall lircd*
> *lircd -H udp -d 5000*
> *exit 0*
>
> I know rc.local is out of favor but I am old school and it worked 10 years
> ago so I just used it again when I upgraded my system this year.
>

> Are you using IR to set the channel on the HDHR?  Also, is this an HDHR
> first gen?  I know that Gen 3 (and maybe gen2) through current gen do not
> use IR at all.
>
> Can you just let mythtv use the normal method of setting channel using the
> set channel cmd with HDHR?  I’m not familiar with how old HDHR works
> regarding changing channels.

I am using the IR sensor in the HDHR to navigate the Myth menus but not to
set the channels.  I don't know how Myth sets the channels but I do know
that Myth can't press the buttons on my remote :-)

They are 1st generation. I have two of them.

Allen