[mythtv-users] Auto re-record damaged recordings? Definition of damaged?

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Wed Jan 16 22:45:15 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, January 15, 2019 11:52:33 AM MST Jon Boehm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What is the definition of a damaged recording?  I use an antenna and I have
> a couple of channels that are very weather dependent.  I often get short
> recordings with lots and lots of dropped frames.  The start and stop times,
> on these short recordings, are correct but the total play time is short as
> shown in playback, maybe 55mins out of a 1hr recording. Are these
> classified as damaged?

[ 0.28 on Fedora 24 ]
I get these. They're not marked as Damaged (yellow) and show as a full
recording and even the .TS is the right size, but hangs MythFrontend at some
random earlier time with high disk-reading. Sometimes that times out with a
(roughly-recalled) "unable to decode" dialog. I've tried rebuilding the
seektable and it didn't make a difference. Then playing it in VLC reinforces
that the recording was just bad. Probably because of my STB-Firewire setup. A
small cluster of channels seem to be affected. Regular prophylactic Firewire
resets and mythbackend restarts make me think that's handling it. :)

I also have occasions, usually with the Spokane PBS station, where the
recording is marked Damaged, and sometimes re-records, but the original seems
fine, though sometimes has a shortened post-program section.

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca