[mythtv-users] mythfrontend - android (Shield (androidTV) only maybe)

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 18:19:33 UTC 2019

When turning off my TV (I leave my Shield always on) and mythfrontend is
running on my Shield and turn it back on later, it is always a black
screen.  Pressing Home and restarting mythfrontend fixes it, but also if I
wait between 5 and 10 minutes, it also comes back eventually.

Anyone else experience it this way?  I know others have posted about it
stopping completely whereas other apps will remember position and menu
location, etc since Android is multi-task capable nowadays in userspace.
Are there plans to accommodate that in mythfrontend?  Not a nag - just
wondering - I will always be watching Mythfrontend 99% of the time, but the
black screen and a full restart of mythfrontend seems odd when it was
running when I turn off the TV.

I have CEC completely off on all of my devices, "Keep SHIELD awake on TV
input switch" and "Play comfort noise on HDMI" enabled on the shield.