[mythtv-users] small portable DVR

Jay Harbeston (ISeePeople) jharbestonus at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 21:58:34 UTC 2019

Backpedaling a bit on what I posted regarding RPi3 ability to record to a USB disk ..

When I did my testing earlier, I was using a sandisk usb3 128gb memory stick when I was testing the USB port.

I have since retested using a usb3 seagate hard drive, and looks like I am able to record on the backend RPi from 2 ‘HD’streams and 1 SD stream from one of the HDHR tuners as well as watch an HD stream on a different pi.

( In our location, ABC(720p) and CBS(1080i), and CW(480i) are all on one channel) ABC video is around 2.7 Gb per hour, CBS is around 4.0 Gb per hour and CW is just shy of 1 Gb per hour.

I am surprised that the 128GB USB3 SD memory stick performed so poorly earlier!

I am going to test using both tuners from the HDHR and try to saturate the capacity coming out of the HDHR.

Regards,