[mythtv-users] video scan chaos

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Mon Jan 14 14:34:03 UTC 2019

This was bounced as spam. Tries again ...

> On 14 Jan 2019, at 1:34 pm, David Hampton <mythtv at love2code.net> wrote:
>
> On January 13, 2019 7:48:42 PM EST, James Linder <jam at tigger.ws> wrote:
>>
>> I had moved the END cutpoint slightly in an attempt to make a new has,
>> but after mythtranscode the hash was unchanged.
>> I moved the START cutpoint slightly, the hash changed and it scanned
>> correctly.
>
> ISTR reading somewhere that the hash only covers the first 30 seconds of the recording.  I have not attempted to verify this in the code, so I could be wrong.

According to the code in the link that was posted

http://trac.opensubtitles.org/projects/opensubtitles/wiki/HashSourceCodes <http://trac.opensubtitles.org/projects/opensubtitles/wiki/HashSourceCodes>

The file size AND the sum of the first 64K bytes AND the sum of the last 64K bytes make the hash.

Whatever happens to the file with myth transcode and in the unlikely event it DID change the hash which matched another file and would
not scan, this is what happened.

Since the commercial channels undoubtably use software to insert ads the chance of exact length matches looks more and more likely!

James