[mythtv-users] nVidia Shield (arm port maybe or just remote frontends in general) and expiring recordings

David Engel david at istwok.net
Sun Jan 13 20:16:52 UTC 2019

On Sun, Jan 13, 2019 at 06:59:13AM -0700, Greg Oliver wrote:
> I was on vacation last week and got home to a very close to full disk.
> This morning I examined some stuff and deleted a lot of stuff, but it is
> actually not deleting anything when it says it is ::
> [...]
> I have deleted over 500 recordings from this Shield and modified the
> property from 1GB free to 100GB free in settings, yet the system remains at
> 3.99GB free no matter what I do.
>
> Long ago (the original frontend I used on the backend had the setting to
> immediately delete files and do not delete slowly.
>
> I have many many TB of disk since I use my systems for work and I never
> want mythtv managing my disk space - when I delete it - I want it gone
> immediately (well, the current 5 minute delay is OK) - I will never have
> issues with disk speeds when doing deletes.
>
> Anyone know how to fix this and get it to behave like the old frontend.
> Here are my settings from the DB with this regard ::

Deleted recordings are moved to the Deleted group.  They stay there
for some amount of time (default of 1 day, minimum of 5-20 minutes,
controllable by the DeletedMaxAge setting) before being deleted unless
they are auto-expired or manually deleted from that group.  This
behavior is to satisfy the people who want the ability to "undelete"
recordings and also to avoid the "can't delete right now/the file is
busy" issue for most users.  If you want recordings deleted ASAP,
delete them normally, then switch to the Deleted group and delete them
again.

David
--
David Engel