[mythtv-users] Trying Nvshield android package, unsuccessfully. Pointers needed.

Kris J kris.jensen.knj at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 21:49:55 UTC 2019

On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 12:51 PM Kris J <kris.jensen.knj at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 10:52 AM Kris J <kris.jensen.knj at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 10:48 AM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> On 1/10/19 10:41 AM, Kris J wrote:

>>> 29.1+fixes.20181228.af5d819~ubuntu16.04.1
>>>
>>> And
>>>
>>> "m-user at MythServer:~/build$ mythbackend -v
>>> 2019-01-10 10:35:20.003539 C  mythbackend version:  [v29.1]
>>> www.mythtv.org
>>> 2019-01-10 10:35:20.003567 C  Qt version: compile: 5.5.1, runtime: 5.5.1"
>>>

>>> I have no idea what the problem is. You could try uninstalling and
>>> reinstalling, also try looking at a full log. That gives messages from all
>>> applications and android itself, there you can see things like missing
>>> libraries:
>>>
>>> adb logcat |& tee tmp/android.log
>>>
>>> Peter
>>>

>> Ok thank for the logging tips.
>>
>> I'll see if I can find anything meaningful to work off of.
>>
>> Many Thanks again.
>>

> So I noticed the backend log has some errors when the android frontend has
the loading screen. :

Jan 10 16:10:07 MythServer mythbackend: mythbackend[1690]: I
MythSocketThread(84) mainserver.cpp:7674 (connectionClosed) Playback
sock(1b0a970) 'android-3a0785970c9ae7ba' disconnected
Jan 10 16:10:07 MythServer mythbackend: mythbackend[1690]: I
MythSocketThread(86) mainserver.cpp:7674 (connectionClosed) Monitor
sock(1a69530) 'android-3a0785970c9ae7ba' disconnected
Jan 10 16:10:07 MythServer mythbackend: mythbackend[1690]: E CoreContext
mythdbcon.cpp:873 (prepare) Error preparing query: SELECT data FROM
settings WHERE value = :KEY AND hostname = :HOSTNAME
Jan 10 16:10:07 MythServer mythbackend: mythbackend[1690]: E CoreContext
mythdbcon.cpp:875 (prepare) Driver error was [2/2013]:#012QMYSQL3: Unable
to prepare statement#012Database error was:#012Lost connection to MySQL
server during query
Jan 10 16:10:07 MythServer mythbackend: mythbackend[1690]: I CoreContext
mythdbcon.cpp:263 (Reconnect) MySQL reconnected successfully

I don't have problems connecting with my other frontends and kodi's
frontend connect fine on the same shield.

Still trying however.