[mythtv-users] Is it possible to install mythtv 0.27 on xubuntu 18.04?

John Hoyt john.hoyt at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 01:16:59 UTC 2019

On Tue, Jan 8, 2019 at 7:29 PM R. Ramesh <rramesh at verizon.net> wrote:

> I need to downgrade from 0.29 to 0.27 to connect with a 0.27 backend to
> test the backend. Is it possible to downgrade?
> If so, is there a PPA or some such repository available?
>
> I only need mythfrontend.
>
> Ramesh

There is a PPA:
https://launchpad.net/~mythbuntu/+archive/ubuntu/0.27

If you're just downgrading a frontend, I'd suggest installing ppa-purge,
purge the 0.29 ppa then add the 0.27 ppa and reinstall mythfrontend.
https://askubuntu.com/questions/307/how-can-ppas-be-removed

If you're downgrading a backend, you're going to have issues with the
database.  Hopefully you have a backup of the 0.27 database before
upgrading to 0.29.