[mythtv-users] Theme modification

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 02:47:19 UTC 2019

On Mon, Jan 7, 2019 at 7:32 PM Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi.  I really liked the Christmas theme specifically the ability to scroll
> UP and have the pointer go to the last entry.  But now with Christmas over
> we went back to the MythCenterWide and it doesn't do that.  Is there a way
> to modify the theme so it goes to the last entry when you up arrow.  We
> save a ton of Jeopardy programs and like to watch them in order starting
> with the oldest.

Hi Allen,

It sounds like what you really want, is to change the sorting settings:

Settings -> Video -> Playback -> View Recordings -> Episode sort orderings
I recommend changing that to "Sort sub-title Ascending, multi-titles
Descending"

You also may want to tweak the "Sort Episodes" configuration to either
"Original air date" or "Season / Episode".  With v30, "Season / Episode"
will fall back to "Original air  date" if season and episode information is
not available.

If that doesn't work for you, then you could try a different theme like
Steppes which behaves the way you want.

John