[mythtv-users] Nvidia Shield Is the future of Mythtv Frontend

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 16:55:02 UTC 2019

On 1/7/19 11:25 AM, Anthony Brummett wrote:
> I have my own question about using remotes with the Shield.  Looks
> like the remote that comes with it only has a few buttons.  How well
> does it work with MythTV?  Can you plug in an MCE-compatible receiver
> and supply your own remote?

To cater for the few buttons, there is a new "OSD Navigation" action
that you can assign to the enter button. There is a "long press"
capability so that you can assign menu action to a long press of enter.
There is a new way of selecting recording groups from the playback list.
All important remote functions can be controlled by making appropriate
settings in the keyboard assignments.

You can plug in a USB remote that emulates a keyboard, or a keyboard.

Also you can use the TV remote if the TV supports CEC. I believe most
TVs support CEC. You may need to use the keyboard assignment settings to
assign keys as needed.

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Android#Remote_Control

Peter