[mythtv-users] Nvidia Shield Is the future of Mythtv Frontend

Tom Bishop bishoptf at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 16:34:35 UTC 2019

On Mon, Jan 7, 2019, 10:25 AM Anthony Brummett <brummett at gmail.com wrote:

> I have my own question about using remotes with the Shield.  Looks like
> the remote that comes with it only has a few buttons.  How well does it
> work with MythTV?  Can you plug in an MCE-compatible receiver and supply
> your own remote?
>
> -- Tony

Kind of, I am using a mce ir receiver and remote with the shield and Kodi.
It works for themost part but not for all of the old functions. I am using
Kodi for my frontend connected to myth vs mythfrontend, so maybe someone
else can chime in but it is working enough for me to not have to use the
Bluetooth remote.