[mythtv-users] Tuning problems

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sun Jan 6 15:12:30 UTC 2019

On Sat, 5 Jan 2019 15:07:09 +0000, you wrote:

>On 02/01/2019 08:56, Steve Evans wrote:
>> On Tue, 1 Jan 2019 23:53:48 +0000
>> John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> [...]
>>
>>> The data on the ukfree site for Mendip seems to be a mix of largely
>>> obsolete info, and much of the frequency/mux data on the web now
>>> looks outdated.  There are user contributions saying that some of the
>>> planned changes at Mendip have not happened.  Inter-mux links may
>>> still work...
>>>
>>> The frequencies that you have been seeing seem to be in the 'old'
>>> Mendip list.
>>>
>>> John
>>>
>> The frequencies I use successfully on the Mendip transmitter are:
>>
>> [PSB3]
>>   DELIVERY_SYSTEM = DVBT2
>>   FREQUENCY = 770000000
>>   BANDWIDTH_HZ = 8000000
>>
>> [PSB1]
>>   DELIVERY_SYSTEM = DVBT
>>   FREQUENCY = 698000000
>>   BANDWIDTH_HZ = 8000000
>>
>> [PSB2]
>>   DELIVERY_SYSTEM = DVBT
>>   FREQUENCY = 738000000
>>   BANDWIDTH_HZ = 8000000
>>
>> [COM4]
>>   DELIVERY_SYSTEM = DVBT
>>   FREQUENCY = 690000000
>>   BANDWIDTH_HZ = 8000000
>>
>> [COM5]
>>   DELIVERY_SYSTEM = DVBT
>>   FREQUENCY = 570000000
>>   BANDWIDTH_HZ = 8000000
>>
>> [COM6]
>>   DELIVERY_SYSTEM = DVBT
>>   FREQUENCY = 722000000
>>   BANDWIDTH_HZ = 8000000
>>
>> [LBS]
>>   DELIVERY_SYSTEM = DVBT
>>   FREQUENCY = 714000000
>>   BANDWIDTH_HZ = 8000000
>>
>> [com7]
>>   DELIVERY_SYSTEM = DVBT2
>>   FREQUENCY = 594000000
>>   BANDWIDTH_HZ = 8000000
>>
>> [com8]
>>   DELIVERY_SYSTEM = DVBT2
>>   FREQUENCY = 586000000
>>   BANDWIDTH_HZ = 8000000
>>

>> Steve
>
>Perfect! Thanks for this Steve.
>
>I just re-did a full scan, with just my 292e stick installed.
>
>It found the following frequencies:
>698000000
>738000000
>770000000
>690000000
>722000000
>
>It didn't find these:
>570000000
>714000000
>594000000
>586000000
>but I'll not worry too much about those for now.
>
>The system now seems to be working. Although I can no longer watch one
>channel while recording another Maybe the 292e stick can only do that?
>
>If it keeps working, great.
>
>If not, maybe I have a different problem. Maybe my sticks 'go to sleep'
>or something after a certain amount of time?
>
>Thanks again Steve.

One tuner can only provide channels from one multiplex (one frequency)
at a time.  So if you are recording from a channel on one multiplex,
then if you want to also watch live TV, the channel you want to watch
has to be on the same multiplex.  And to record multiple channels at
once and/or play live TV from the same multiplex with one tuner, you
need to have set the multirec option to allow enough virtual tuners to
have one for each channel you want to record or watch at the same
time.  Go to mythtv-setup > Input connections > (your tuner) >
Interactions between inputs > Max recordings.  I have my tuners set to
5, which used to be the largest value allowed, but up to 10 is allowed
now.