[mythtv-users] Need guidance for setting up a 4K frontend

Ashu Desai ashu.desai at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 17:48:45 UTC 2019

On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 10:22 AM James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 1/2/19 10:55 AM, Ashu Desai wrote:
>
> On Tue, Jan 1, 2019 at 6:14 PM James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On 1/1/19 6:23 PM, Ashu Desai wrote:
>>

>> On Sun, Dec 30, 2018, 6:17 AM James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I just complete the upgrade of my Front End to a 4K Nvidia Shield.
>>>

> Are there multiple "models" ? I see one on sale at Amazon/Target for $149
> and then Best Buy with $179. Tried looking at both but none really gives a
> "model number".
>
> I ordered from Amazon and I to the model that has the game controller.
> The $149 price is just with the TV remote.  I also wanted to make sure I
> had the smaller Shield which is the latest version. I got P2897. The long
> dimension on the Shield is only ~1" longer than the TV remote. I got it on
> sale just after Christmas for $169. The official name in Amazon is NVIDIA
> SHIELD TV Gaming Edition | 4K HDR Streaming Media Player with GeForce NOW.

Amazon has the 4K gaming with controller for $149 - do you know the item #
and ASIN # of what you bought? It shows the item number  as 945128972500001 and
I am seeing other places  like Best Buy as the item number ending in 001 -
not sure if it's older/newer or just the same. If it's $149 for nvidia with
controller and the latest model - i am buying it today.