[mythtv-users] Need guidance for setting up a 4K frontend

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 03:13:06 UTC 2019

On 1/2/19 5:25 PM, John Pilkington wrote:
> But I'm a little uneasy about Amazon's involvement;  their motive is
> clearly to ease your ongoing takeup of their services, and their
> 'support' for other modes of use might be, or become, less than
> enthusiastic.  Just a thought.

Actually, Amazon are encouraging developers to develop applications for
the fore device. See their developer's page (URL below). Also they make
it very easy to activate developer mode on the fire stick, compared with
other android devices.

https://developer.amazon.com/fire-tv

I think they feel that if they can get more of these devices out there
it will encourage people to sign up for Amazon prime, and having more
apps available may get more devices out there.

Peter