[mythtv-users] Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD TV Tuner Card 1609 and mulrirec

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 10:02:47 UTC 2019

> On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 21:49:43 -0500, you wrote:
>
>> I've been reading the 'Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD TV Tuner Card 1609 and
>> Pixelation" thread with interest.
>>
>> Just curious, but am I wrong assuming that the 1609 - like the HDHR - and
>> MythTV can do multirec and record multiple stations on the same frequency
>> using only one tuner?
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> I would expect so. The 1609 is a normal PCIe ATSC tuner, so multirec
> should be supported.

My first thought on this was 'depends what you mean by tuner'  :-)

A search for the device in the UK brought up the Hauppauge UK site

http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/site/products/data_quadhd.html

which headlines

WinTV-quadHD: Watch or record up to four TV programmes at a time!

and shows pictures of 4-programme screens

but I would expect MythTV to be able to do multirec on each of the four
tuners - perhaps with some difficulty in disc throughput if pushed to
extremes.

The same site speaks of a 'built-in antenna splitter' with no mention of
an internal preamp, so I don't know how good it will be in fringe
conditions;  the reporters here seem happy with their US cards which
probably have similar input hardware, the copywriters wouldn't want to
complicate things, and technical progress happens.

The specs tab has

Antenna input: IEC connector
PC-interface: PCIe x1