[mythtv-users] scheduling ...

Ian Cameron mkbloke at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 13:19:49 UTC 2019

On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 at 10:53, John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 26/02/2019 10:25, Stephen Worthington wrote:
> > Without having a copy of the EPG data it is hard to tell exactly what
> > the problem is, but my guess is that it is the usual problem - bad EPG
> > data.  Ideally, the EPG data will be like this example from New
> > Zealand's Choice TV channel:
> >
> >          <programme channel="choice.freeviewnz.tv"
> > start="20190305153000 +1300" stop="20190305163000 +1300">
> >                  <title>Birds of Paradise: The Ultimate Quest</title>
> >                  <desc>Frank Gardner has always dreamed of seeing birds
> > of paradise. Frank and Benedict Allen journey across some of Earth’s
> > most inhospitable terrain, both haunted by brutal memories from their
> > pasts.</desc>
> >                  <episode-num
> > system="dd_progid">BOPUQ01Ep1</episode-num>
> >                  <rating system="Freeview">
> >                          <value>G</value>
> >                  </rating>
> >          </programme>
> >
> Stephen:  I haven't seen this sort of data before.  Just haven't looked
> hard enough, I suppose.   How?

If I am correct in thinking that this is mapped to ProgramId, then you can
get this information for any episode from the database via the MythTV
services API.

Try this on your back-end:

curl -H 'Accept: application/json' '
http://localhost:6544/Guide/GetProgramDetails?StartTime=2019-02-28T21:00:00&ChanId=1101
'

You should replace StartTime with an appropriate near-future starting time
for which you have EPG data for the show you are interested in and replace
ChanId with an appropriate ChanId on your system on which that show is
aired.

You will probably find ProgramId in the output somewhere between lines 3 to
6.

Cheers, Ian