[mythtv-users] Is there a way for Myth to report no tuner?

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 19:23:13 UTC 2019

Hoi Allen,

> I know I could do this with a custom script but I am wondering if
> there is something built into Myth that can alert me of the problem.
> This problem seems to occur about once every 6 weeks and I lose a couple of shows because of it.

> As I posted on another thread, I get some kind of crash where Myth
> cannot connect to my HDHomerun tuners. I believe this is a network
> problem of some kind as the HDHomerunConfig program cannot connect
> to the tuners and a simple command line instruction cannot connect.

> What I would like is to get an email if the HDHomerun units are unavailable.

> For reference, I have two HDHomerun units, 192.168.1.13 and
> 192.168.1.14. If I were building a script, I would use ping or arp
> and parse the result or perhaps look at a return code. Not sure. My
> question is basically has this already been done and is a script or
> setup available to do this that I can utilize?

> Allen

I don't know if anything exists, but I use the following shell script
in my backend startup to make sure my homerun is online when it
starts. This because if not it won't be accessible even after it comes
online.

IsAwake=`ping -q -c1 192.168.223.20 | grep received | cut -f4 -d ' '`
while [ "$IsAwake" == "0" ]; do
      sleep 1
      IsAwake=`ping -q -c1 192.168.223.20 | grep received | cut -f4 -d ' '`
done

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven