[mythtv-users] compiling performance question

Andrew Stadt acstadt at stadt.ca
Tue Feb 19 02:31:37 UTC 2019

On 2019-02-18 8:33 p.m., Stephen Worthington wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 12:53:27 -0500, you wrote:
>
>> <snipped>
>> Been running a 1030 in one frontend, had to limit to 1080, card just
>> couldn't keep up with even medium bitrate  4k.
>>
>> Looking at some of the release notes for the nVidia driver, an update
>> might fix it, but I just don't have enough 4k material for it to be
>> worth my while.
> Right, so what exact 1030 card and motherboard?  Which slot were you
> using?  If it is an older motherboard, its PCIe version is probably
> too old to give full throughput to the 1030 card.

Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3, Z68 chipset, PCIe Gen 3 16x PCI slot, (which is
the slot I have the card in).

The video card is a Gigabyte GT 1030, not sure how to pull the specific
model number from remote ( not at home at the moment ). I'm reasonably
sure its: GV-N1030D4-2GL.

The processor in this machine is a lowly i3-2120T, which only supports
PCIe Gen 2, but considering were using the card to handle the video
decode, I wouldn't have expected the bus speed to be that much a bottle
neck.

Again, I don't have a lot of 4K content, so while I'm a little
disappointed, it isn't costing me any sleep :-)/

Thanks,

Andrew.