[mythtv-users] v30 on Archlinux

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 00:30:18 UTC 2019

I posted this on the Archlinux support forum, but thought I take a chance that someone here might know the answer:

I'm trying to setup mythtv combination FE/BE using mythhdhrrecorder, which is an external recorder. I've done this a lot on ubuntu but wanted to try this on Archlinux.
I have it setup the way I normally do it, but I'm getting an error that I've not seen before:
  ExternSH[1](/usr/local/bin/mythhdhrrecorder --hdhr 1074C841 --devicename 0): External Recorder invalid response to 'APIVersion?
It retries this 4 or 5 times then moves to the next tuner. Since all fail, I have no turners setup.
I know that V30 of mythtv introduced version 2 of the External Recorder API. Is it possible the Arch version of v30 didn't get the right External Recorder??
my setup is just like I do it on Ubuntu 18.04 and that works fine on v30.
Jim Abernathy
jfabernathy at gmail.com