[mythtv-users] mythfrontend v30 themes Steppes not updating?

John jksjdevelop at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 10:25:48 UTC 2019

My frontends built from source on Ubuntu 18.10 prompt me to update the
Steppes Theme to version 30 but the theme does not show in the list -
even when it is refreshed.

Another frontend that uses the fixes 30 ppa does show Steppes 30.1 and
updates correctly.

So the version built from source (which does not work) is

/mythtv/mythtv$ mythutil --version
MythTV Version : v30.0-13-g1c2068c62b
MythTV Branch : fixes/30
Network Protocol : 91
Library API : 30.20181231-1
QT Version : 5.9.5

The version from the ppa is

mythutil --version
MythTV Version : v30.0
MythTV Branch :

Strangely the latter with the blank branch works.

I believe I saw something on this list mentioning how to manually
install a theme. Can anybody refresh my memory?