[mythtv-users] Android frontend for FireTv cube 4k?

John Lundell jdlundell at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 22:19:14 UTC 2019

Hi,

I tried installing the android mythtv frontend from the mythtv wiki Android
page on an Amazon FireTV cube 4k but it does not work. The installation of
the app went well (I used the 32bit 20190124 version) but when I launch the
app, the screen displays the MythTV logo for a second and then goes black
and nothing else happens.

Is there anything I can do to make this work? Looking at the amazon page
for the device, it uses a different gpu than the firestick4k (Mali450 mp3
for the cube vs a IMG GE8300 for the stick) so maybe this will not work.

Any suggestion for things to try would be appreciated, thanks,

John