[mythtv-users] Restore Database from Old Database Files -- No Backup

George Galt george.galt at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 19:36:35 UTC 2019

Hmm, OK, so I copied all of the backed-up files from
/backupdisk/var/lib/mysql/mythconverg
to the active /var/lib/mysql/mythconverg.  I gave the mythtv user access as
suggested by Ian, and I can log in as the mythtv user and access the
mythconverg database.  However, I now have an odd result.  I can show the
databases:

MariaDB [(none)]> show databases;
+--------------------+
| Database           |
+--------------------+
| information_schema |
| mythconverg        |
+--------------------+

and I can show the tables in mythconverg:

MariaDB [(none)]> use mythconverg;

Database changed
MariaDB [mythconverg]> show tables;
+--------------------------------+
| Tables_in_mythconverg          |
+--------------------------------+
| archiveitems                   |
| bdbookmark                     |
| callsignnetworkmap             |
| capturecard                    |
| cardinput                      |
| channel                        |
| channelgroup                   |

But if I try to access one of the tables, I get an error saying that it
doesn't exist:

MariaDB [mythconverg]> describe scannerfile;
ERROR 1146 (42S02): Table 'mythconverg.scannerfile' doesn't exist
MariaDB [mythconverg]> select * from settings;
ERROR 1146 (42S02): Table 'mythconverg.settings' doesn't exist

Any thoughts?  I've confirmed that both the settings files (settings.frm,
settings.MYD and settings.MYI) as well as the same scannerfile files are in
/var/lib/mysql/mythconverg.

I did shut down mysql before moving the files.