[mythtv-users] watchdog: BUG: soft lockup - CPU#3 stuck for 23s! [mythwelcome:1908]

Joey Morris rjmorris.list at zoho.com
Mon Dec 30 23:43:53 UTC 2019

Peter Carlsson <maillist.peter at home.se> wrote on Mon, Dec 30, 2019 at 05:00:01PM +0100:
> Hello,
>
> Occasionally I see the following error:
>
>   watchdog: BUG: soft lockup - CPU#3 stuck for 23s! [mythwelcome:1908]
>
> Can anyone help me with this small amount of information or do I need
> to provide additional information?

Do you have an AMD Ryzen CPU? This is a common issue with Ryzens, because they
have trouble with some of the power-saving modes in Linux. Lots of people
(including me) experience hangs and reboots in addition to that error message.
Besides searching for your error message, you can search for "ryzen
processor.max_cstate" to find lots of threads about it.