[mythtv-users] USB composite input recommendations

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 21:34:45 UTC 2019

On 12/30/19 1:59 PM, Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
>>> Have you considered a HD Homerun? They're easy to set up, reliable, and
>>> have multiple tuners in one. And you don't have to worry about Linux
>>> compatibility, device drivers etc.
>> I have, but it's OTA, and we don't have many channels here, definitely not
>> the cable channels.
> I should add that I'm in Canada, and we don't have a CableCard option.

To record from composite you could use a Hauppage HD PVR. It supports
composite and component input. Some models support HDMI as long as the
HDMI does not use HDCP encryption.

Note new models of the HD PVR require a separate compilation of the
driver because of license restrictions, so you need to look into that
before going ahead with this.