[mythtv-users] "TV Everywhere" recorder?

David Engel david at istwok.net
Mon Dec 30 19:12:25 UTC 2019

On Mon, Dec 30, 2019 at 01:27:09PM -0500, Timothy Krantz wrote:
> Has anyone looked into building a "TV Everywhere" recorder into mythtv?  I
> see that there is another DVR called "Channels DVR" that has implemented
> such a thing.
>
> https://getchannels.com/

It's been talked about but nobody had done anything yet.

> Heck, I might even take a crack at it myself if I could find some
> documentation on the API.

I doubt you'll find any documentation on the TV Everywhere API so
you'll have to reverse engineer that.  For MythTV, you'll almost
certainly want to create an external recorder which is documented at
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/ExternalRecorder .

David
--
David Engel