[mythtv-users] Leanfront on firetv (not 4k) HDHR problem

Ken Mandelberg km at mathcs.emory.edu
Mon Dec 30 17:16:13 UTC 2019

I happen to have an older firetv stick (not 4K), and thought I would try
leanfront on it. My backend server runs a few week old version of the
master and uses an HDHR with Comcast, and I used the stick HDMI to
connect to a 5 year old Samsung TV (HD, not 4K).

The leanfront is the "86" apk.

The good news is it ran perfectly against mkv videos I happened to have
on the server.

The bad news is the HDHR "ts' files had an issue. For about 8 minutes
they would work fine, and then started have some audio glitches, and
then a minute or so later would pause, get the rotating circle, continue
for a bit, pause, get the rotating circle, .... I suppose that's some
kind of buffering.

I tried several recordings and the behavior was pretty consistent.

Wondering if it was the "ts' format, I took one of the "ts" recordings
on the server and did a ffmpeg copy to a mkv file, and put it in the
video directory. When I played it there was no pause loop, but there
were concessional audio glitches after a while that I never see on the
other frontends, and I didn't see on the native mkv videos with leanfront.

So, any thoughts on this? Would a firetv 4k stick make any difference?