[mythtv-users] channel4 hd has no eit

Andre MythTV mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Mon Dec 30 11:56:57 UTC 2019

> On 29 Dec 2019, at 16:19, UB40D <ub40dd at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> For reasons unknown, Channel 4 HD does not appear to have EIT beyond the program currently being broadcast.

It’s not unknown, Channel 4 had a falling out with Freesat over fees, after that they stopped transmitting the Freesat 7 day EPG, fortunately they stayed FTA, unencrypted. They transmit the full guide through the sky EPG which MythTV doesn’t support, TVHeadend does and is open source so maybe something could be ported but beyond my abilities unfortunately.

It’s possible some mistake has caused them to stop transmitting now & next data but more likely would be Sky asking for it’s removal, or them deciding “no-one needs this". I used to work with the head of transmission so I can ask if it’s a mistake or intentional, it is holiday freeze time so it’s entirely possible something didn’t get updated and they ran out of buffered data.