[mythtv-users] MP3 player for mythmusic via mythweb

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Mon Dec 30 09:31:22 UTC 2019

On Mon, 30 Dec 2019 22:23:40 +1300, you wrote:

>> Greetings
>>
>> I have my mythweb secured with username/password (of course!!) but I now
>> have an issue with every mp3 player I try not having an option get either
>> prompt for the user/pass or to provide a default for the whole 'site'.
>>
>> In the past I've used Amarok after downloading an m3u file and manually
>> editing in the user/pass for each song and I have considered using
>> Clementine (its' successor) the same way but it is tiresome to say the
>> least!
>>
>> VLC just sits and does nothing (no errors, no prompts), at least
>> Clementine tells me that access is unauthorised!
>>
>> Does anyone have a suggestion for a desktop Linux player that can get
>> through the htaccess stuff in mythweb to play the contents of an m3u file?
>>
>> Cheers
>>

>I take it that nobody uses MythMusic/Mythweb with anything other than an
>unsecured connection or a frontend :(
>
>Shame...

Is there any particular reason that you need to use a
username/password on mythweb?  It is not really safe to expose mythweb
to the Internet even with a username/password.  So what I do is use
OpenVPN for external access to my network, and then I do not need to
bother with a username/password for mythweb.