[mythtv-users] Sheild tv; theme & minor teething issues

David Engel david at istwok.net
Wed Dec 18 22:36:58 UTC 2019

On Wed, Dec 18, 2019 at 08:20:23PM +0000, Tim Draper wrote:
> I've been running my new Shield tv pro since the weekend and only come across a few minor niggles. Other than that, it's been a really good mythtv experience.
>
> Mythbuntu theme (v30.1); In the Videos area, all the main screen text is black. All other places like the top bar and info popup windows are all correct with white text.  While other themes i've tried have different Videos layout, these work perfectly. Since i use the same version on my old NUC that the sheild replaced & rpi3's which dont exibit the issue, it seems to be specific to the shield and this theme.  Anything i can do to fix, or is it time to switch themes?

You might need somebody with theme experience to look into this.

> Shield is primarily used for MythTV, so i leave it running. System gets put into sleep and after a while when i turn it back on it wakes up in the leanback/home screen with the mythtv app in a sleep state. It doesnt happen if i leave it for a short period...mythtv remains the active app.  Is there any way to always keep it running regardless of idle time?

There is nothing you can do.  Android handles that decision completely
on it's own.

> Finally, no cpu usage in the playback menu > playback > playback data. i assume a bug/limitation but would be good to have it working for if/when things aren't playing right.

According to the code, getting the CPU data should work the same as it
does on Linux.  Apparently, it isn't.  I'll try to look into it.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net