[mythtv-users] 2019 Sheild tv pro keybindings

marcus hall marcus at tuells.org
Sat Dec 14 15:25:00 UTC 2019

On Sat, Dec 14, 2019 at 02:36:15PM +0000, Tim Draper wrote:
> Took the jump to replace my nuc FE with a sheild which arrived earlier today.
> I'm currently going through configuring my Harmony remote with keybindings to get it working the same as before however cant find info on key commands to enter into the FE settings.

I just used the default assignment to the FF and REW keys, which is Media FF
and Media REW, I believe.  Changed the bindings in mythtv to add those (I think
that they had other bindings I didn't use and cleared those.)

The most confounding keys were PLAY and PAUSE, which harmony says were sending
unique codes, but the shield (or android TV) somehow mapped to the same code
before mythtv got them.  I ended up using the harmony bluetooth keyboard to
send 'P' or ' ' for the one that wasn't coming through.

I added the "Button Mapper" app and assigned the F1... keys to launch various
apps so that I can have a harmony home-screen button for mythtv (on the shield)
and another for netflix (on the shield), etc.