[mythtv-users] HDHR prob with new wallwarts

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 14:53:04 UTC 2019

Perhaps I am not following closely enough. But are we not talking about the
recording stopping? If so, I pointed out a known problem with Linux that
causes the Linux box to drop connection with a HDHR box. I posted a test to
verify if this is the problem. Has that been tried?  I also posted the
solution. I had this exact problem, or at least similar. Has that solution
been ruled out? I seem to have missed that. I also have a similar setup
with not one but two HDHRs and even when recording three shows at once and
perhaps four, my $20 switch has no problem. What am I missing? Just to be
clear on the network setup the small 5 port switch has just three inputs
and one output which goes to the router. There should not be enough traffic
from the two HDHRs to ever overload the 100Mb switch. It is a switch and
should not be dealing with anything from other parts of the network.