[mythtv-users] HDHR prob with new wallwarts

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 16:35:34 UTC 2019

I have no idea if this will be helpful but I had several issues getting my
HDHR tuners to work. I provide these in case they might be useful.

Myth address is 192.168.1.111 and is static. I set it as reserved on the
router. I also set the HDHR addresses as reserved.

I start the tuners from rc.local. Old school but works.
Here is the code. I believe this was from the vendors website.
hdhomerun_config 10137DC1 set /ir/target "192.168.1.111:5000 no_clear"
If you need to allow more time to go by, you can add a delay before this
command.

I had a power supply issue as well. The module that I bought with the HDHR
did not put out enough current so I got ones rated for more current.

I also had random failures. The computer would lose contact with the
turners every few weeks. I traced it to a linux problem as the tuners were
still visible from a Windows computer on the same network. That
troubleshooting tip was provided by Silicon Dust.

Here is the solution.

dad at NewMyth:~$ more /etc/network/interfaces
# interfaces(5) file used by ifup(8) and ifdown(8)
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
auto enp2s0
iface enp2s0 inet static