[mythtv-users] Need to drive a projector 30 feet away.

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 02:47:08 UTC 2019

I have a projector 30+ feet away and a TV. My Mythbuntu 8 setup drove both
through a DVI splitter but my Mythbuntu 16 setup is 1080p which is beyond
the range of the old splitter. I bought a 1080p splitter which will not
drive the cable. Then I bought a signal booster/ amplifier that advertises
200 feet range that doesn't have as much range as the splitter alone.

Does anybody know of some splitters or amplifiers that can drive a long
cable? Total is probably equivalent of 40 feet by the time I add the other
gear I need inline.

By the way, the DVD player drives the projector fine without any amplifier
but the computer will not.

Or should I just give up and change back to 720p?

Allen