[mythtv-users] FireTV Cube New Version

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Sun Dec 1 14:18:52 UTC 2019

On 30 November 2019 02:58:31 GMT-05:00, digid myth <digidmyth at gmail.com> wrote:
>I have two of the 1st generation FireTV cubes I side loaded Myth
>Android 31
>on. They do not perform as nicely as the 4K stick I have been playing
>with.
>I read about some incompatibilities with the 2nd generation cubes. Has
>anyone tried installing Android Myth on the 2nd generation cubes? I
>just
>built a new backend over the last week, updated myth to version 30 and
>now
>am looking at replacing or rebuilding the frontends, if the new cubes
>perform well I am thinking that would be the way to go. We do enjoy our
>1st
>gens for Prime Video and Netflix which work well.

I have this: Amazon Fire TV with 4K Ultra HD |... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00UH2O6T2?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Mythfrontend runs fairly well on it. 24fps videos are fairly smooth, provided I perform the magic button presses to put the device into 24fps mode. It doesn't quite manage 50i content smoothly.

On the whole, it's not good enough to replace my nvidia ion based system.