[mythtv-users] Experimental Android TV "leanback" MythTV frontend

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 12:23:11 UTC 2019

On 30/08/2019 12:39, Paul Gardiner wrote:
> On 30/08/2019 12:29, John Pilkington wrote:

>>> I just noticed that besides using git and android studio to build the
>>> app leanfront, there is a apk for it at:
>>>
>>> https://dl.bintray.com/bennettpeter/generic/
>>>
>>> Can I assume they are at the same level of development??
>>>
>>> Jim A
>>
>> I can't give an authoritative answer to that, but you have reported
>> having a working system while several people have had difficulties with
>>
>> https://dl.bintray.com/bennettpeter/generic/mythtv_leanfront/android/:leanfront-v0-14-gc5b1279_d.apk
>

> The one from that link worked for me okay, other than voice search.

I think the suspicion is that it fails with firesticks on systems with
too many recordings; but I have used two versions of adb (Android Debug
Bridge) and then found that neither would connect.  I've uninstalled the
Fedora adb and the leanback frontend, and the connection is still
refused.  I have not yet tried any new app-installs on the stick.

John P