[mythtv-users] Setting up CEC remote for Raspberry PI 4B for Mythtv-light

Jay Harbeston jharbestonus at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 12:56:52 UTC 2019

> On Aug 26, 2019, at 5:37 AM, James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On 8/25/19 11:12 AM, Peter Bennett wrote:
>>

>> On 8/24/19 3:56 PM, James Abernathy wrote:
>>> Now that I have my Mythtv combo FE/BE working, I’m moving it to my RV where my TV is a Sony 1080P HD with CEC support.
>>>
>>> Without configuring anything The Sony remote works for the Directional arrows. But the Select button in the middle of the arrows doesn’t work along with the Stop and play button.
>>>
>>> I assume all I need to do is use mythfrontend Setup -> Edit Keys to setup the non-functioning buttons??
>>>
>> Yes - that is the way to do it, but you may find some buttons are not detected at all. Unfortunately many buttons are not passed though by some TVs. Also the CEC response is sometimes very slow with Raspberry pi 2 and 3. Maybe it is better with pi 4.
>>

> Thanks, I got the select, stop, pause and play buttons working along with the arrows, so that's all I need.
>
> You are right about the slowness of the CEC response. For my application it's works and it better than rigging yet another remote
>
> Jim A

I am using the following occasionally on my RPis and it works well. Good thing is it has a qwerty keyboard on the backside of the remote and works like a regular keyboard. No LIRC drivers or any other ‘funny business’.

https://www.amazon.com/Favormates-Wireless-Keyboard-Infrared-Raspberry/dp/B01N0SUUZS/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=favormates+air+remote&qid=1566824147&s=gateway&sr=8-3

Regards!.