[mythtv-users] My 15 year anniversary

Tom Bishop bishoptf at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 15:15:47 UTC 2019

On Tue, Aug 20, 2019, 10:06 AM David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 08:46:07AM -0400, Justin Alcorn wrote:
> > I'm getting very frustrated with my HDPVR and external cable box.
> >
> > Would a  Ceton InfinTV 6ETH work with Spectrum Cable assuming I rented a
> > cable card?
>
> It depends.  If your Spectrum is former Time Warner Cable, chances are
> almost everything has enabled and won't work with MythTV.  If your
> Spectrum was previously Spectrum (aka Charter), the DRM mihgt be
> limited and would work with MythTV.  In short, you won't know until
> you try or find a HDHR Prime or Ceton user in your area to ask.
>
> David
> --
> David Engel
> david at istwok.net

+1 this is it exactly, I am in the St. Louis area (originally charter) and
tuning adapters are needed and the record freely is set for everything
except the premium channels. However the TW areas I believe you couldn't
record any channel on TW since they had the restricted flag set. However I
think all of the paid premium channels even on Charter had the restricted
flag set, I believe it's up to the channel provider HBO etc how they want
that set.