[mythtv-users] Guidance for phase 9

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 20:32:59 UTC 2019

On 8/16/19, Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> This may be a dumb question but why can't I edit the XMLTVID, Channum and
> Freqid in MythWeb under Channel Info and have that work? That is pretty
> much all the information needed.
>
> Allen

What needs to happen is a lot more complex than that, and my script
addresses all of it. But before I get into that, I'm unclear as to why
you'd be doing anything to the xmltvid in the first place. Assuming
that's currently correct for the channel, that has nothing to do with
any of this, as you're only trying the change the frequency of the
existing channel. That aside, here's what you're missing there:

The freqid is the numeric channel number, and my script does in fact
change that based on the frequency. However I don't think that even
serves much purpose when it comes to tuning the channel. That depends
on two things:

1. The mplexid on the channel table, which must be assigned to the
mplexid of the appropriate transport in the dtv_mulitplex table for
the new frequency. Also note that you may not even have an entry in
that table for the required frequency and my script can create that as
needed.

2. The serviceid on the channel table needs to be set to the proper
PID (that PROGRAM number in the hdhomerun_config scan) to cause it to
use the correct program in the above transport. I don't think the
channel editor would let you change that either.

In fact, what you're describing probably wouldn't affect the channel's
tuning behavior at all.

So there's a lot involved there, but again, my script does make it pretty easy.

Tom