[mythtv-users] mythcommflag failure on mythtv-light system

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Wed Aug 14 17:20:42 UTC 2019

On 8/14/19 12:29 PM, James Abernathy wrote:
> I just noticed that after building a Mythtv-light combo FE/BE on a
> Raspberry Pi 4 that it automatically is configured to do commercial
> flagging.  I forgot to turn it off for my use case.  However on all
> the jobs it ran commflag on, it failed with exit status140 error code.
>
> Any idea why this is??  Not a big deal for me as I don’t use
> commercial skip as it doesn’t work for most of my programs.

140 is a fairly generic return value, which can indicate a whole host of
reasons why the commflag isn't running.

I ran into this last week when I realized it was failing for my
recordings. I finally just ran it directly from the commandline, using
the "-j" option along with the ID of a job from the jobqueue database table.

That quickly told me the real reason for the problem: one of the
expected libraries had been upgraded, and now was failing to link
properly. I ended up recompiling the binary, and now commflag works again.