[mythtv-users] EIT Active scan

Stephan Seitz stse+mythtv at fsing.rootsland.net
Wed Aug 14 08:05:51 UTC 2019

On Mi, Aug 14, 2019 at 12:38:15 +1000, Phill Edwards wrote:
>Even though EIT guide data is probably poorer quality, it should in
>theory be more up to date if programs such as sporting events etc
>overrun. Does anyone know if MythTV automatically adjusts the end time

But is this EIT change pushed to MythTV, or does MythTV have do actively
scan for EIT changes?

>of a recording that's already in progress if the end time is updated
>half way through?

I don’t know. But I have seen this:
I have a power rule to record Snooker (Eurosport 1). Sometimes I have two
Snooker recordings of the same event. They differ a little concerning
start and end time (in the end 2 - 5 minutes difference in the recording
length). It is DVB-S.

Maybe this is the reactione of MythTV to an EIT change, but it is
a strange one…

Shade and sweet water!

	Stephan

--
|    If your life was a horse, you'd have to shoot it.    |