[mythtv-users] Guidance for phase 9

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 23:18:36 UTC 2019

On 8/13/19, Robert Kulagowski <rkulagow at gmail.com> wrote:
> As one of the people that work for Schedules Direct, (and who's been
> dealing with the various re-pack frequency updates for the past few
> months), I think the one thing that I've noticed about MythTV versus
> other applications is that MythTV seems very tied to matching on
> callsign or frequency vs. the ATSC major.minor values.

Thanks for the reply! Interesting stuff. In the other list thread on
this topic however it appears that MythTV doesn't match by callsign at
all in the channel rescan(?). It does match on callsign for scheduling
via recording rules however. However the scan apparently does match by
frequency and ATSC major/minor numbers...which of course is where
things get ugly with frequency changes.

Thanks again!
Tom