[mythtv-users] USA OTA FCC frequency rescan?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 14:51:51 UTC 2019

On 8/12/19, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/12/19, James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com> wrote:
>> So my local OTA channels have started the warning about September 6 and
>> doing a rescan to continue receiving their channels.
>>
>> My backend is mythtv v30 with 2 tuner systems.  One is a PCIe card, the
>> HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD PCI Express TV Tuner Card 1609. The other is a
>> SiliconDust HDHomerun Quatro.
>>
>> I currently get my EPG from SchedulesDirect via
>> tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite. The Input Connections for both sets of tuners,
>> i.e. 8-tuners, use the same Video Source which is the one setup to use
>> tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite.
>>
>> Can someone point me to instructions or discussion on what to do in my
>> case? I think the rescan is done externally to mythtv-setup using steps
>> defined at https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/XMLTV for initial setup, but I
>> remember that if not careful you can loose Recording rules and
>> previously recorded metadata is some cases.
>>
>> Has anyone worked out a way to do the rescan without messing things up??
>>
>> Jim A
>

> Again, others can chime in if I'm missing something.
>
> Tom

One aspect I forgot to mention, and again, others can correct me if
I'm missing something:

In any cases where the rescan simply ends up changing the frequency of
an existing channel in your database, the existing XMLTV should be
unaffected. That's because that channel will already be assigned to
the proper xmltvid, which is all that's needed for your existing XMLTV
setup to work.

Tom