[mythtv-users] Fwd: Mythfilldatabase, new HdHr Quatro box, and EPG

Jay Harbeston jharbestonus at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 19:47:11 UTC 2019

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: Jay Harbeston <jharbestonus at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase, new HdHr Quatro box, and EPG
> Date: August 7, 2019 at 3:41:32 PM EDT
> To: Discussion about MythTV <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>

>> On Aug 7, 2019, at 3:37 PM, Don Brett <dlbrett at zoominternet.net> wrote:

>>> The way I understand your system you need to configure two video
>>> sources, one for the HD-PVR/cable and one for the Quatro/OTA.
>>> All four tuners of the Quatro have to be connected to the one video
>>> source you created for the Quatro/OTA.
>>> In the mythtv-setup Channel Editor, when you select "All" video
>>> sources, you get all channels from all  video sources.
>>> If there are channels that are both on the HD-PVR/cable and on the
>>> Quattro/OTA then you see that channel twice.
>>> Note that on the mythfrontend Program Guide the same channel from
>>> different video sources is shown only once.
>>> If you want to use EIT/EPG then you need to do that on only one tuner
>>> per video source. So for the Quattro/OTA you configure EIT/EPG only
>>> for the first tuner.
>>>
>>> I am not familiar with Schedules-Direct but maybe it works
>>> automatically OK once the setup is correct.
>>>
>>> Klaas.
>>>
>> Perhaps I misunderstood.  The Quatro has four tuners in one box, using one IP address, and one device ID.  Do I actually have only two capture cards (HDPVR and HDHOMERUN)?  Here's what I created, what do I need to delete?
>>
>> Capture cards >
>> HDPVR: /dev/video0
>> HDHOMERUN: 10722347
>> HDHOMERUN: 10722347
>> HDHOMERUN: 10722347
>> HDHOMERUN: 10722347
>>
>> Video Sources >
>> HdPvr
>> Ant-1
>> Ant-2
>> Ant-3
>> Ant-4
>>
>> Input Connections >
>> [HDPVR: /dev/video0] (Component) -> HdPvr
>> [HDHOMERUN: 10722347] (MPEG2TS) -> Ant-1
>> [HDHOMERUN: 10722347] (MPEG2TS) -> Ant-2
>> [HDHOMERUN: 10722347] (MPEG2TS) -> Ant-3
>> [HDHOMERUN: 10722347] (MPEG2TS) -> Ant-4
>>
>> Don
>>

> Nothing to be deleted. You are going in the right direction, and are ok so far.
>
> You can now go into each of those 4 connections and create 3 or 4 virtual tuners for each connection so that the minor channels can also be
> Recorded at the same time.
>
> Regards.

Also, regarding the unknown stuff, you lost the xml ids when you deleted the tuners.  Dialog between Mike and myself was to prevent the xml id loss. And to then restore the ids once rescan is complete.

If you have a db back up you could cobble together a sql commands to restore them, or go into the channel editor and put them back as needed.  Schedules direct uses the xml ids to map channels you use to TV guide info for those channels.