[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase, new HdHr Quatro box, and EPG

Jay Harbeston jharbestonus at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 17:43:29 UTC 2019

> On Aug 7, 2019, at 1:33 PM, Klaas de Waal <klaas.de.waal at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 7 Aug 2019 at 16:16, Don Brett <dlbrett at zoominternet.net <mailto:dlbrett at zoominternet.net>> wrote:
>>
>> I missed the announcements when my local broadcasters decided to change
>> frequencies and required everyone to re-scan.  I thought my HDHR-Connect
>> box stopped working, so I bought a new HDHR-Quatro (four tuners).
>>
>> The installation went pretty well.  I deleted the existing tuners and
>> created four new ones for the Quatro box (thanks Klaas for the
>> instructions). The channel scan worked fine and all four tuners are
>> working better than expected; some of the hard to get channels are
>> working really well.
>>
>> However, the program guide is unpopulated ("Unknown(Unknown)" for all
>> the new tuner channels.  I also have an Hauppauge HD-PVR for the cable
>> box and those channels are fine.  I've run mythfilldatabase several
>> times; do I have a myth-setup issue, or maybe something with
>> Schedules-Direct?
>>
>> Don
>>
>> PS - After the channel scan, I checked the channel editor and all looked
>> fine.  I exited and re-entered mythtv-setup and re-checked the channel
>> editor.  Filtering for each of the Quatro antenna inputs, it shows all
>> the cable-tv channels mixed into the antenna channels.  Example: if I
>> set the "Video Sources" filter to "All", it shows five cable TV "Video
>> On Demand" channels (HD-PVR, Ant-1. Ant-2, Ant-3. Ant-4).  I assume this
>> is a display issue, but ??
>>
>> PS - I temporarily turned on EIT and it mostly filled in the guide.
>>
>> PS - I reported the frequency change to Schedules-Direct and asked if
>> any updates were needed on their end; waiting for response.
>>
> The way I understand your system you need to configure two video
> sources, one for the HD-PVR/cable and one for the Quatro/OTA.
> All four tuners of the Quatro have to be connected to the one video
> source you created for the Quatro/OTA.
> In the mythtv-setup Channel Editor, when you select "All" video
> sources, you get all channels from all  video sources.
> If there are channels that are both on the HD-PVR/cable and on the
> Quattro/OTA then you see that channel twice.
> Note that on the mythfrontend Program Guide the same channel from
> different video sources is shown only once.
> If you want to use EIT/EPG then you need to do that on only one tuner
> per video source. So for the Quattro/OTA you configure EIT/EPG only
> for the first tuner.
>
> I am not familiar with Schedules-Direct but maybe it works
> automatically OK once the setup is correct.
>
> Klaas.

I will need to do this at the beginning of September, and my only concern is getting the xml ids set up. If rather than doing a wipe and rescan, will just doing a scan, will the scan update the channels?

I don’t want to do the OTA method above as I don’t want to lose the xml id values currently in the db for the 18 + Over the Air channels.

I am currently using the  tv_grab_zz_sdjson script for my xml guide data in the USA.
Currently all the channels are mapped correctly in the form I43730.json.schedulesdirect.org <http://i43730.json.schedulesdirect.org/>.

Will I need to go back in once the channels are rescanned and update the db / edit the channels to make sure they get mapped correctly?

Thanks!