[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase, new HdHr Quatro box, and EPG

Don Brett dlbrett at zoominternet.net
Wed Aug 7 14:15:16 UTC 2019

I missed the announcements when my local broadcasters decided to change
frequencies and required everyone to re-scan.  I thought my HDHR-Connect
box stopped working, so I bought a new HDHR-Quatro (four tuners).

The installation went pretty well.  I deleted the existing tuners and
created four new ones for the Quatro box (thanks Klaas for the
instructions). The channel scan worked fine and all four tuners are
working better than expected; some of the hard to get channels are
working really well.

However, the program guide is unpopulated ("Unknown(Unknown)" for all
the new tuner channels.  I also have an Hauppauge HD-PVR for the cable
box and those channels are fine.  I've run mythfilldatabase several
times; do I have a myth-setup issue, or maybe something with
Schedules-Direct?

Don

PS - After the channel scan, I checked the channel editor and all looked
fine.  I exited and re-entered mythtv-setup and re-checked the channel
editor.  Filtering for each of the Quatro antenna inputs, it shows all
the cable-tv channels mixed into the antenna channels.  Example: if I
set the "Video Sources" filter to "All", it shows five cable TV "Video
On Demand" channels (HD-PVR, Ant-1. Ant-2, Ant-3. Ant-4).  I assume this
is a display issue, but ??

PS - I temporarily turned on EIT and it mostly filled in the guide.

PS - I reported the frequency change to Schedules-Direct and asked if
any updates were needed on their end; waiting for response.

---