[mythtv-users] Watch Recordings - Groups

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Mon Aug 5 19:04:40 UTC 2019

Andrew Stadt <acstadt at stadt.ca> wrote:

> From my listing source (schedulesdirect) movies and specials typically combine the title and the subtitle into the title field. My SO recorded some of the "Murder, She Baked" movies, and they are grouped individually (I have several others series that have done something similiar). eg: I look in the database and the title is "Murder, She Baked: Just Desserts" with no subtitle.
>
> I'm assuming at just at the mercy of the listing source here, or is there way to group these together?

Annoying isn't it ! You can fix it on a per-recording basis by manually editing the title and subtitle. With the recording highlighted in the right hand part of the Watch Recordings screen, press Menu, select Recording Options, then Change Recording Title. delete the subtitle from the Title field and put it in the Subtitle field - then you'll find a group with the title and entries in it with the subtitles.