[mythtv-users] setting up HDHomerun Quatro to share tuners with other apps

Klaas de Waal klaas.de.waal at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 12:37:19 UTC 2019

On Mon, 5 Aug 2019 at 12:34, James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have not touched my v30 mythbackend for months and it's worked
> perfectly recording on a Hauppauge Quad HD PCIe card.
>
> Now that I have time, I want to add my HDHomerun back into the list of
> tuners. Back in v.29 I had to use something called a mythhdhrrecorder
> external recorder so the HDHomerun Quatro would be shared with other
> systems on the network, like SmartTV.
>
> My current mythtv backend is running V30.  I've found some discussion
> that implies that using the external recorder mythhdhrrecorder is not
> needed for sharing the individual tuners of the Quatro with other
> networked clients like Smart TVs.
>
> Can someone confirm if this is now the way to setup the HDHomerun tuners?
>
> Jim A

Short answer: yes.
The HDHomeRun tuners can now be shared between MythTV and other devices.
Configuration is however now a bit different, you now need to
configure each of the HDHomeRun tuners individually.

The complete story: in ticket #13339 comment 5 by the author.

How-to configure: in ticket #13389 comment 5 by yours truly.

Succes!

Klaas.