[mythtv-users] MythFrontend 0.30 on MacOS?

jam at tigger.ws jam at tigger.ws
Tue Apr 30 07:24:45 UTC 2019

> On 29 Apr 2019, at 8:00 pm, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:
>
> So, I accidentally upgraded my MythTV backend to 0.30 yesterday, which is fine for my Kubuntu backends and frontends, but not so good for my MacOS Frontend - has anyone managed to build a packaged fronend for MacOS (Mojave) yet?
>

> If not, does anyone have any instructions I can follow to build a frontend only package?
>

> I don't really want to downgrade to 0.29 and, if necessary, I can live with using Kodi on my Mac, but I do prefer the Myth Frontend.

Being utterly biased I think macOS is more relevant than winders. I believe it is impossibly hard, but surely someone …

I was redoing my server (with Tumbleweed) and because I like a yellow background I fumbled with git branch and built 30/fixes not 29/fixes.
My mac frontend just sat saying ‘can’t see datacase’ until backend was up again where upon it just continued working ie a 29 front end and 30 backend.
All was fine until I resarted frontend whereupon it bitched about protolcol versions. Perhaps a build of macOS frontend that is less constrained to the correct protocol …
Words of wisdom from someone who knows please …
James