[mythtv-users] Updating the end time or offset of a recording in progress

mythtv mythtv at mdabbs.org
Tue Apr 30 02:02:55 UTC 2019

On 4/29/19 8:17 PM, David Engel wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 07:13:27PM -0500, mythtv wrote:
>> I'm trying to create my own version of Myth Recording Extender but
>> using the Dvr services API instead of directly writing to the DB. I'm
>> able to call the GetEncoderList service and determine that an NHL
>> game is being recorded, I can get the status of the game from a
>> website. I can get the original recording rule that caused the game
>> to be recorded. What I can't do is to actually extend the recording.
>> I can call UpdateRecordSchedule and pass it a new endTime (which only
>> seems to actually work once), or I can give it a new endOffset which
>> seems to work multiple times. But I think I have a problem: The
>> recording rule is actually a Power Search and I'm not sure it's
>> actually affecting the in-progress recording. When I get the rule
>> from GetRecordSchedule, the actual start and end times are from back
>> when I created the rule (back in 2015), so I don't think I'm really
>> getting the right rule. Is there some way within the services to
>> extended an in-progress recording? Thanks for any help.
> Use Dvr/GetRecordSchedule. Specify the program in quesiton using
> nChanId and dStartTimeRaw and set bMakeOverride to true. It should
> probably aslo work by using nRecordedId but it currently doesn't. That
> will give a recording rule you can use to call Dvr/AddRecordSchedule
> or Dvr/UpdateRecordSchedule. Use the former if nRecordId is 0 and the
> latter otherwise. David
Sorry, I sent the reply to the wrong address. Ok, I've implemented that.
I'm not sure if its working but I'll know later in the week.

For now, it looks like the only thing I can adjust is the endOffset,
correct? Changing the endTime acts like before, it doesn't seem to stick
each time I call GetRecordSchedule and Add/Update, but the endOffset
seems to stick. Hopefully that will be enough to advise Myth to keep
recording.

Thanks for the help!